|Posted by Chuck on September 20, 2014 at 7:30 AM||comments (0)|
1. Pitt is too good on offense. Iowa will not be able to hold them down for four quarters.
2. Pitt D doesn't scare me. Iowa O does scare me.
3. I did a lot of reading on Iowa throughout the KF years. I don't blame Greg Davis. I blame KF. His tendencies are easily mapped. Iowa offense is not a powerhouse. KF has the governor set to pedantic and that pace will not win football games consistently.
4. ...Read Full Post »
|Posted by Chuck on September 12, 2014 at 3:40 AM||comments (2)|
1. Iowa will limit their own field goal opportunities this weekend.
2. Iowa's punts are so short there will not be any dangerous returns.
3. Speaking of Jarvis West... he will be enemy #1 and his touches will be minimized.
4. Has Iowa State scored in the 2nd half this season?
5. ISU has a leading rusher with 90 yards in 2 games. That person is also their leading passer. Not a blueprint for success.
6. In 2009, Iowa came ...Read Full Post »
|Posted by Steven Myers on September 9, 2014 at 12:05 PM||comments (0)|
"We better make a lot of strides between week 1 and 2. Even if we improve more than any team in the country between the first two weeks, I don't know if it will be enough to beat K-State."
That quote was from my Final Thoughts from last week's loss to North Dakota St. Boy was that a statement or what. Its almost like I was Marty McFly a...Read Full Post »
|Posted by Chuck on September 5, 2014 at 6:50 AM||comments (0)|
I will keep this simple. ISU is not that good yet, they will hit their stride, but not this week.
KSU is ok. Not a world beater. I do like them to roll.
KSU 38, ISU 13
|Posted by Chuck on September 5, 2014 at 6:40 AM||comments (0)|
1. I would have to go back and investigate, but I do not think Ball State has ever scored against Iowa.
2. Iowa is too tough on offense
3. Iowa's linebackers do not have to face David Johnson... EVER again.
4. Ball State is not that special on either side of the ball, and although Iowa may not be either... they are Iowa. Granted, if I remember right, Ball State beat NIU last year... something Iowa did not do
5. Iowa 38 Ball State 13
|Posted by Steven Myers on September 1, 2014 at 8:00 PM||comments (0)|
|Posted by Chuck on August 29, 2014 at 3:15 AM||comments (0)|
Ohhh 2009. A game so similar to one in 2002 that haunts a lot of Hawk fans. In 2009, Iowa had to do something that had never been done before; block two consecutive UNI field goal attempts to escape with a victory. In 2002, they fell asleep in the second half and a spirited ISU rally overtook the Hawks and dealt them their only regular season loss. Some would say it cost Iowa a chance at a National title game appearance.
My argument that is in 2002, Iowa ne...Read Full Post »
|Posted by Chuck on August 29, 2014 at 3:00 AM||comments (0)|
Timing is everything. Most people will say that this is the time to jump up and get NDSU, it is early and they struggled last year against K State. The NDSU of 2013, was quite dominant and capped the season with a 3rd consecutive FCS title. I say this is the worst time to to play a plodding NDSU.
ISU brought in Mark Mangino. That is a great move. They have Sam Richardson at QB. He is experienced. I am not sold on him running the offense. I also am not sold on IS...Read Full Post »
|Posted by Chuck on August 29, 2014 at 2:45 AM||comments (1)|
Just some thoughts on our departed friend.
It has been a few days since we got the kick in the gut that Hiawatha Rutland had drown while swimming to shore in Lake Erie. He was 33. I have had a few days to collect my thoughts, look at all of the posts flooding in to his facebook page and remember the good times.
As a fan of football, I knew Hiawatha as the enemy... a guy on ISU bent on beating the Hawks. In life, I knew him as a comedian, schoolteacher and ...Read Full Post »
|Posted by Chuck on January 3, 2014 at 8:45 AM||comments (0)|
I needed some time for reflection.
Iowa lost 21-14 to LSU. Parts of the game were that close and parts weren't. It's like A tale of Two Cities. It was the best of times and worst of times... and sometimes that was on the same damned play. Here are 10 things I learned.
10. I hate moral victories, but to lose by 7 to a team that beat Auburn (who is playing for the National Championship) by 14 does mean something. It means Iowa hung in there. It...Read Full Post »