1. Iowa will limit their own field goal opportunities this weekend.
2. Iowa's punts are so short there will not be any dangerous returns.
3. Speaking of Jarvis West... he will be enemy #1 and his touches will be minimized.
4. Has Iowa State scored in the 2nd half this season?
5. ISU has a leading rusher with 90 yards in 2 games. That person is also their leading passer. Not a blueprint for success.
6. In 2009, Iowa came off of an unimpressive win (UNI) ... ISU had an impressive win (NDSU). Iowa lost their stud tackle-- Bulaga and had to put an unproven guy in (Riley Reiff). Iowa won by 32. Hawks staff knows how to deal in situations like this.
7. Iowa's LB are still a liability (as well as powder puff lowdermilk) and can be exploited (although David Johnson is much better than the ISU backs) which is why this game will not be a total blowout.
8. Hawkeye O-Line should be able to dominate the point of attack and allow time for running as well as play action. ISU may be vulnerable to speed on the edge.
9. It is at Iowa. Iowa gets up comfortably early-- Richardson is removed either due to ineffectiveness or injury and the wheels come off.
10. Hawks will recover onside kicks.
11. Iowa 42-24. I really do not think it will be that close. The last 2 games have been closer by score than the actual game. ISU won in 2012 9-6. They shouldve won 31-3 or so. Last year Iowa shouldve won 34-14... Oh well. KF does know how to keep games close.